4th International Symposium on
Big Data Visual and Immersive Analytics
Call for Papers, Konstanz, Germany
17th to 19th October 2018
The BDVA 2018 Symposium is calling for contributions in the area of Visual Analytics and Immersive Analytics of Big Data. Submit your work and be part of a vibrant venue that will bring together an exciting programme with internationally renowned keynote speakers, special sessions, and workshops:
Visual Analytics plays a major role in the analysis and decision-making processes for science, industry, and government organisations. It is one of the best ways we have for making sense of large and complex data sets. Reflecting its history of encouraging research into less-traditional approaches to visual analytics, this year BDVA has broadened scope to include the emerging field of Immersive Analytics. Immersive Analytics aims to support data understanding and decision making everywhere and by everyone, working individually or collaboratively. It aims to make embodied tools that are intuitive, engaging, and make the best possible use of all sensory channels. This may be achieved through the use of immersive virtual environment technologies, natural interfaces or responsive analytics, but is not tied to the use of any particular technology. Immersive Analytics brings promising opportunities to interact with Big Data coming from geo-science, biomedical applications, collective behaviour, text mining, crime analysis, among other application domains.
Symposium topics include but are not limited to:
- Theoretical Foundations of Immersive Analytics
- Immersive Storytelling
- Collaborative Visual and Immersive Analytics
- Personalized Visual and Immersive Analytics
- Use of Mixed Reality for Analytics including Situated Analytics
- Visual, Audio, Haptic, and Multisensory Data Presentation including Data Physicalization
- Human-Computer Interaction including Use of Natural Interfaces for Analytics
- Analytical Reasoning and Sense-making of Big or Complex Data
- Scalable Visual and Immersive Analytics including HPC for Visualisation
- Responsive Analytic Algorithms for Interactive Data Exploration
- Big Data Management, Transformation, and Presentation
- Context-Semantics-driven Visual and Immersive Analytics
- Processes & Tools For Building Visual and Immersive Analytics Applications
- Applications and Case Studies
Authors are invited to submit original and unpublished regular papers 4 to 9 pages + 2 pages for references that report novel and mature work. Paper quality versus length will be assessed based on a contribution-per-page judgment. The symposium proceedings will be will be submitted for inclusion to IEEE Xplore. It is a condition of publication that accepted papers are presented by one of the authors. All accepted papers will be presented during the symposium. Presenters must register before the camera-ready deadline to avoid withdrawal from the symposium proceedings and programme. Abstract submissions are due on June 17, full paper submissions are due on June 24, 2018. Please use the templates provided at this website: IEEE Templates.
- Prepare your paper in PDF format using the IEEE Manuscript Template.
- If you use LaTeX, please be sure to specify A4 paper and use the template’s conference mode (default setting).
- Regular papers range between 4 to 9 pages, including all images, tables, and formulas, plus 2 additional pages for references.
- Submit your paper via Easychair. The link will follow here soon.
Please ensure to select the “Regular Paper” topic.
Please contact the paper chairs if you want to submit supplementary material (note that while we encourage authors to include supplementary material such as videos to demonstrate their work, it will not be published along with the paper and thus should not be referenced from the paper)
Regular paper abstract submission: June 17, 2018
Submission of regular papers closes: June 24, 2018
Notification of regular paper acceptance: August 26, 2018
Submission of camera-ready regular papers closes: September 23, 2018
Early bird registration closes: September 9, 2018
Submission of camera-ready poster/demo papers: September 9, 2018